Ads

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dreams...

Not that this is a lack of inspiration really but I'm gonna be "stealing" those drafts from my old blog "Hmmm...", finish them and post them here.  This one is from 2/26/2005

Dreams...

What are your dreams? Which mean the most to you? The ones when you're daydreaming wishing you were elsewhere? The ones you have when you're asleep at night? The ones you have about your future?

What do you dream about? What drives you? 'Cause this is what matters...A dream is nothing if you're not driven to make it a reality. I dream a lot, I wonder how much they're meaningful to me? I daydream I was a star sometimes, I don't remember most of the dreams I have when I wake up so I'll pass. And about my future...hmmm...there are sooo many. I wanna be a star (maybe), work for Pixar Studios, find the love of my life...

Hmmmm...am I really driven enough? I sometimes feel like I'm just standing here waiting for life to happen. Oh, and life is happening, it's moving forward while I stand still waiting...So what should I do? Change my dreams...It's just like letting go of someone or something you used to love. But if you're not driven, not inspired, if you can picture your life being fulfilled without it...what is it?  Did it ever really matter?

---------------------

Follow through 2008...

I had to make a section break on this because I have a very different perspective on things.  Or maybe not.  I guess my life was not going to be fulfilled if my dreams didn't come true but unfortunately after reading Radical Careering, I'm still wondering where any of that would've brought me.  Sure, it's great to be a star be on top, does that mean you're fulfilled?  When you've reached that destination isn't there still a possibility you realize you've missed something? 


Unbelievable. I wanted so many different things when I was younger. Haha, at 6 I said I'd get married and have kids by 10. When I grew up a little and became a feminist I could only deny it. So around age 8 I wanted to be a business woman with my own business. Honestly, it's just because I loved suits. Guess I'm still a little stuck in there since I'm looking for an administrative position. Around 10 I wanted to be a pro tennis player I also wanted to be a pro figure skater when I was about 7 or 8. When I turned 11, I decided I wanted to be a cop.

Crap, I had my whole life mapped in my head when I was about 14. I'd be a cop by 21 and have my daughter by 25, in-vitro if I had to. Now, I'm disillusioned by cops and didn't want kids 'til very recently. I'm still coping with the idea. I wanted to be a lawyer too. Wow, what a mess. It's never too late though. Dreams evolve, transform, make us who we are. But I'll say it again; a dream is worth nothing if you're not driven. You gotta want it.

I'm not even sure this is making any sense. I'd say I apologize in advance but this is the end so I do apologize and thank you for your patience.

No comments: