Ads

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Labels - Sense

****Some posts never published. Better late than never****

Malik doesn't like labels. That is one of the things I've taken away from the multiple arguments we had in the last few months  

I'm just happy we pushed through it and can finally be happy now. We are stronger. 

I like labels. They make me feel safe, in a way. I am not alone, others are like me, it brings some comfort. 

On the flip side, they can be viewed as horrible and limiting...kind of like stereotypes...maybe that's what's getting to him, he's never been one for stereotypes, much.

I am fully embracing my BDSM tendencies. I fully embrace being a "little"...I guess for him, not so much.  

I don't call him "daddy", I find it weird. Truth be told until recently, we never explicitly discussed what we are. 

He showed some opening in exploring BDSM online and what people are saying, their experience, their type of kinks. I was happy he showed more opening towards the labels. I know it's because he knows it makes me feel safe. He's happy with being viewed as an outsider, it's been this way all his life. 

I figured when he gets to Canada, we'll go to an event, make friends and learn together how much more there is to discover about this lifestyle that fits us so well. Labels don't matter to me as much as acceptance, I guess. 

No comments: